Once, my brother-in-law visited us with his family for a week’s vacation. While we were going around a lot, every time I would ask the kids “what do you want to eat”, they would respond by saying “kuch nahi”. “Kuch Nahi” is a Hindi language term, that means “nothing”. They were only having soda and junk food and would refuse to eat at home.
To outsmart these kids, I invented a new recipe and named it “Kuch Nahi”. Next time when they said “kuch nahi” I gave them this dish and they had to eat – “you guys asked for kuch nahi to eat”…
- Get all green vegetables that you can get in your fridge. Ensure, all of them can be eaten without cooking.
- I got hold of green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper. Diced
- Added some diced onions
- Boiled potatoes, dices
- Diced tomatoes
- Olives (seedless), fined chopped
- A bit of jalapeno (pickled). Just a bit to give spicy taste, but not too much that kids will refuse to eat
- A bit of kidney beans (optional)
- Green peas
- Mayonnaise (or any other white sauce)
Just dice all the vegetables, and mix with Mayonnaise sauce. Give the kids other possible options for sauce.
My kids liked it and they asked for more 🙂