Biryani, though a traditionally non-veg dish, the vegetarian alternative “Veg Biryani” has caught all vegetarians by storm…Now even they can enjoy this hyderabadi dish.
Ingredients [ to serve 4 ]
- Basmati rice – 2 cup
- Mixed vegetable – 1 cup (cauliflower,Carrot,Beans,Peas,Capsicum)
- Onion – 1
- Salt – To taste
- Cashews – few.
- Green chillies – 2.
- Biryani masala – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 4
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Cook rice in a pan with salt and water.
- Cut all the vegetables into small pieces and fry in oil
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds,green chilli and cloves
- Now add onion and fry till golden brown then add cashews and fry for 2 minutes
- Now add all the fried vegetables and biryani masala and cook for few minutes
- Lastly add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve with raita ( a dish which has curd, some water, salt and bits of onions and cucumber)