The famous “Rohu fish” and the curry.
Ingredients [to serve 4]
- Rohu Fish – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Red chilli- 2.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp .
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 3
- Panch phoran – 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Marinate fish with turmeric powder and salt for 15 minutes
- Make a paste of onion ,garlic,red chilli and cumin seeds
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the fish till it turns golden brown
- Heat mustard oil again in another pan and add panch phoran and bay leaves.
- Now add the paste and cook till the oil separates.Add turmeric powder,salt and red chilli powder
- Add water and fish and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes