Once, my brother-in-law visited us with his family for a week’s vacation. While we were going around a lot, every time I would ask the kids “what do you want to eat”, they would respond by saying “kuch nahi”. “Kuch Nahi” is a Hindi language term, that means “nothing”. They were only having soda and junk food and would refuse to eat at home.
To outsmart these kids, I invented a new recipe and named it “Kuch Nahi”. Next time when they said “kuch nahi” I gave them this dish and they had to eat – “you guys asked for kuch nahi to eat”…
- Get all green vegetables that you can get in your fridge. Ensure, all of them can be eaten without cooking.
- I got hold of green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper. Diced
- Added some diced onions
- Boiled potatoes, dices
- Diced tomatoes
- Olives (seedless), fined chopped
- A bit of jalapeno (pickled). Just a bit to give spicy taste, but not too much that kids will refuse to eat
- A bit of kidney beans (optional)
- Green peas
- Mayonnaise (or any other white sauce)
Just dice all the vegetables, and mix with Mayonnaise sauce. Give the kids other possible options for sauce.
My kids liked it and they asked for more 🙂
A vegetarian’s delight, if you like Paneer (Cottage Cheese)…One of my favorites.
Ingredients [ to serve 4]
- Green peas(frozen) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder-1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Paneer- 200 gms
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer till it turns light brown and remove to drain on a plate.
- Add chopped onion,tomato,ginger-garlic paste and fry until golden brown
- Add dhania-jeera powder,red chilli powder,garam masala powder, turmeric powder,salt and tomato ketchup, and fry till the oil starts to separate
- Add paneer and peas.Stir for 5-6 minutes over low heat.
- Add water and simmer for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves
Perfect for evening tea…Make is fast , make it good
Ingredients [to serve 4]
- Beetroot- 1 grated
- Potato -2 boiled
- Bread – 3
- Salt – To taste
- Peanut(roasted) – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic- 3 chopped .
- Green chillis – 3 chopped.
- Green peas(frozen) – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves-chopped
- Mix all the above ingredients and make small balls
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them in low flame till it turns golden brown
- Serve hot