A vegetarian’s delight, if you like Paneer (Cottage Cheese)…One of my favorites.
Ingredients [ to serve 4]
- Green peas(frozen) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder-1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Paneer- 200 gms
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer till it turns light brown and remove to drain on a plate.
- Add chopped onion,tomato,ginger-garlic paste and fry until golden brown
- Add dhania-jeera powder,red chilli powder,garam masala powder, turmeric powder,salt and tomato ketchup, and fry till the oil starts to separate
- Add paneer and peas.Stir for 5-6 minutes over low heat.
- Add water and simmer for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves