World’s simplest preparation of Kabuli (Or Chole) Chana with mouth watering taste. A vegetarian’s delight.
Ingredients [ to serve 4 ]
- Chana – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Salt – To taste
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder-1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Soak chana in water overnight.
- Cut onion and tomato.Grind and make paste
- Heat oil in a pan add Cumin seeds,bay leaves and fry for few seconds and then add the above paste and ginger garlic paste fry til the oil starts to separate
- Now mix together red chilli powder,turmeric powder,dhania powder,garam masala powder,salt and curd and fry them in medium heat(or flame) for 5 minutes .
- Add water to make thick gravy.Bring the gravy to boil.Add chola and stir well.Cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves,green chillis and onion