Simple but delicious preparation of chana (grams) with potatos… Again a vegeterian dish
Ingredients [ to serve 2 ]
- Kala Chana (Black Gram,Large Size) – 1/2 Kg.
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Garlic/Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Cloves & Badi Ilaychi – 2-3 Nos.
- Bay Leaves – 2 Nos.
- Curry Paste(Or Dhania , Jeera Powder) – 2 tbsp.
- Corriander Leaves – Few
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Salt – To taste
- Vegetable Oil – 5 tbsp
- Soak chana overnight in water and cook it in pressure cooker
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add colves, ilaychi, bay leaves , onion and fry till they turn brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, tomato, ginger/garlic paste and the curry paster(you can add dhania, jeera powder if you do not have curry paste) and stir well.
- Now add chana and cover it.
- Let it cook for 10-12 mins. on medium flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves….you are ready to serve