A very simple no-frills-attached chicken dish. Probably this is the most widely used chicken preparation method in India.
Ingredients [to serve 4]
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onion-2 medium(chopped)
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp.
- Curd – 1/2 cup .
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chicken masala powder- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder ,salt ,red chilli powder and curd
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion and fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste,tomato,red chilli powder,chopped green chillies and fry till the oil separates.
- Add salt ,turmeric powder,chicken masala,garam masala and the chicken pieces and pressure cook it for 10 minutes
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapatis