You would be surprised to know that Karela dish can also taste good!! I can bet on this.
Ingredients [to serve 4]
- Karela- 4 medium
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Dhania powder – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp .
- Kala jeera- 1/2 tbsp.
- Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Amchur powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Slit the karelas lengthwise,only on one side from start to end
- Scrap out the white seeds with a spoon carefully and boil them with salt for 10-15 minutes
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add kala jeera ,cumin seeds and ajwain and fry for few seconds
- Now add onion,tomato,ginger garlic paste,dhania, jeera powder,salt and turmeric.Fry them for 15 minutes.
- Add amchur powder when the oil starts to separate
- Now stuff the masala inside every karela and fry them untill all sides are properly cooked and the karela turns golden brown
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on the karela before serving