My effort at making the most popular south Indian dish “Masala Dosa”. I must admit, I’m is good at it… 🙂
Ingredients [ to serve 4 ]
- Urad Dal- 1 Cup
- Rice – 2 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice n dal together overnight
- Grind these ingredients together to a very smooth consistency.
- Add salt and water leave to rise for 8-9 hrs
- Check the batter n if needed add enough water to make into a smooth pouring consistency
- Heat tava very hot,splash little water over it and immediately pour some batter onto it, spreading it thin with a circular motion
- Lower the heat and add little oil around the edges .
- When edges start browning a bit it is almost done.
- Add desired filling and fold over
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney